[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jer

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 17 07:32:14 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, October 16, 2022

Klingon word: jer
Part of speech: verb
Definition: surge (aircraft suddenly moves forward or backward)
Source: HQ (11:2 p9)

(HQ 11.2)  And if it suddenly moves forwards or backwards, it is said to {jer} "surge" … The attitude of an aircraft is often talked about in terms of angles.  The word for angle is {tajvaj}.  Klingon {taH} means "be at a negative angle."

SEE ALSO:
'or 		operate (an aircraft), pilot (v)
qugh  		cruise (v)

Dav  		sway (e.g. aircraft) (v)
Der  		yaw (i.e. aircraft) (v)
jIm  		heave (i.e. aircraft) (v)
lol  		be in an attitude (i.e. aircraft)
ron  		roll,  bank (e.g. aircraft)

muD Duj  	airplane (n)
lupDujHom 	shuttlecraft (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last