[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'anmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 17 07:24:43 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, October 17, 2022

Klingon word: 'anmoH
Part of speech: verb
Definition: sacrifice
Source: qep'a' 25 [2018]

(qep'a' 2018):  as someone sacrifices forces for a certain goal or just wastes one’s resources

(MO’s qepHom 2018 Video Interview):  But it's not like "I waste the Coca Cola"; you need {-moH} for that. [...] I sent him out there knowing he's not going to come back = I sacrificed him. [It's with {-moH} because I caused him to be a waste, I caused that to be "wasteful".

SEE:
‘an  		be a waste (v) (qep'a' 2018)

SEE ALSO:
QaS  		troops,  forces (pl. n)
jo  		resources (pl. n.)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last