[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rI'gheS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:03:35 PDT 2022

Just read this morning and - considering that yesterday's WOTD was "deflector" - thought I'd share:

"The DART mission successfully changed the motion of an asteroid"
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/11/world/nasa-dart-success-update-scn/

The article calls the spacecraft "deflection technology", which I suppose technically it is.  The John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory refers to "the planetary defense technique known as kinetic impact", a fancy way of saying  that it intentionally slammed into the rock.

For more information on DART see:
https://dart.jhuapl.edu/News-and-Resources/files/Fact-Sheet-DART.pdf

Voragh