[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'o'nI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 6 07:40:10 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, October 06, 2022

Klingon word: 	'o'nI'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	foam, froth
Source: 	Hamletmachine

AFAIK know never used in a sentence.

(qepHom 2017):  The noun {ba'Suq} is used also for a chewing gum bubble, a soap bubble and so on. You can even have bubbles in the bath tub, and the foam in the bathtub is made of millions of bubbles, but the foam itself is not called bubble. Of course, you can add suffixes to it for very small bubbles, like the ones you have in sparkling water and champagne, for instance.

SEE:
'o'nI' Sub   	solid foam (like  Styrofoam) (n) (qepHom 2020)

SEE ALSO:
qa'vIn 		coffee (n)
ra'taj 		*raktajino* (coffee with liquor) (n)
qulcher 	cream (n)

vut 		prepare food/drink (v)
jeD 		be thick, dense, viscous (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last