[tlhIngan Hol] coincidence for 'Iw

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 04:52:42 PDT 2022

For many years, I thought that the pun behind the word {'Iw} is the
reaction of peeple who say "Eeeew" when they see blood.

Now I was recently involved in a film production, where I saw a bottle
of fake blood. The fake blood can be used internally (i.e. in your
mouth), external, and it's washable. These three words are abbreviated
on the bottle, simply reading "IEW".

Knowing that Okrand worked on TV sets, it is possible that this is not
just a coincidence. But maybe it really is just a coincidence, maybe
we'll never know.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"