[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngIbvay

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 3 08:10:38 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, November 03, 2022

Klingon word: 	ngIbvay
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	oyster-like creature from Qo'noS that resembles a rock,
Source: 	QelIS boqHarmey [Alice]

(Alice p.238):  A {ngIbvay} is a weird animal found on Qo’noS that looks like a rock but can suddenly open up and stick out something and grab a piece of food (like a frog does with flies). It doesn’t do this very frequently, so I guess it makes sense to say it’s patient. But it’s really just not hungry very often.

SEE ALSO:
mabeb  	toad-like or  frog-like creature (n)
ghIlab ghew  	glob fly (n)
nagh  		rock,  stone (n)
tuv  		be patient (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last