[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lIH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 11 07:33:08 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, November 11, 2022

Klingon word: 	lIH
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	begin a song, start a song

(HolQeD 12.2:9):  To begin to sing a song is to {lIH} (literally, "introduce") the song, and that portion of the song that comes at the beginning-—a portion that is often so familiar that listeners know what song it is after hearing just that short portion-—is the {namtun}.

PUN: "Play a few licks." (musical term?)

SEE ALSO:
bom  		sing,  chant (v)
wup 		burst into song (v)
qat 		accompany (singing) with instrumental music (v)
much 		present, perform (music)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last