[tlhIngan Hol] {mej} with and without {-vo'}

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed May 25 16:19:41 PDT 2022

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:04 PM Will Martin <lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wouldn’t make assumptions about the location/object of {tlheD} based on
> {mev}. The nuanced difference between the verbs might also have differences
> in terms of the presence or absence of {-vo’}.

The distinction of {-vo}/no {-vo} with the verb {mej} is the implication of
setting out from a place for a journey to another place (vs. just not being
somewhere anymore).
That implication is already built into the verb {tlheD}, so I don't see a
way for it to accommodate the same distinction.

-- ghunchu'wI'