[tlhIngan Hol] {petaQ} normally takes {-pu'}, using {-mey} adds a further layer of insult

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri May 27 11:13:11 PDT 2022

   moratlh
      qaSambej
      petaQ  petaQ  petaQ
   Morath!
      I will hunt you down!
      P'takh!  P'takh!  P'takh! (PB)

AFAIK there are no other examples of {petaQpu’} or {petaQmey} known.  nItlhejbogh petaQmey tInuD} is the only example of someone referring to multiple p’taks *in Klingon* I could find -- there may be a few in the English subtitles and captions I don’t know about.  I wonder whether this is the usual way, giving another little jab to your targets?  Klingons are not subtle; in fact, I don’t think they even have a word for it.

The only variant I know of is {petaQ’a’} :
   petaQ'a' SoH
    You dirty p'takh. PB

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons