[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngeSlIch 'ap

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri May 20 07:22:18 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	ngeSlIch 'ap
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	interest
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

I.e. on a loan.  Do not confuse with the verb {Daj} "be interesting".

SEE:
ngeSlIch  	loan (n) (qep’a’ 2021)
‘ap  		dues,  toll (n)

SEE ALSO:
HIjmeH 'ap 	fee paid when bringing certain commodities into
		  a jurisdiction (n) [i.e. toll, customs duties]
HuqmeH 'ap 	excise tax, sales tax, VAT (n)
qav'ap 		value, rent, sum/amount (of money) (n)

Huch 		money (n)
beylI'  		bank (n)

noj 		lend (v)
ngIp 		borrow (v)
DIl 		pay for (v)
rup 		fine, tax (v)
wel 		owe (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last