[tlhIngan Hol] aspect with imperatives

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri May 6 18:57:24 PDT 2022

On 5/6/2022 5:38 PM, Will Martin wrote:
> You are commanding someone to examine the facts. When should they
> command the facts? They should do it before they accuse you. It’s like
> you are commanding them to accuse you, since the “before you accuse
> me” is just basically a time stamp placed on the command to examine
> the facts.
>
> In other words, it’s fine if they accuse you, so long as they examine
> the facts first.

No. He is commanding them to examine the facts before they accuse him,
because when they examine the facts they'll probably find that they have
no basis to make an accusation.

> What is your goal? Your mission? You want the person to not accuse you.

No. He wants the person to come to the realization that they don't have
a basis with which to accuse him, or else be ready to surprise him with
actual evidence.

Klingons are direct, but they are not incapable of subtlety or the
desire to humiliate an adversary. Not every spoken word is a blunt
instrument.