[tlhIngan Hol] adverb {rut} {motlh} and aspect {-pu'}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu May 5 04:55:11 PDT 2022

SuStel:
> I would agree that the two sentences mean what you intend them
> to mean, but I can't see any way to take the English sentence to mean
> anything except the imperfective version

Yes, I understand this.

While I was writing these two sentences it seemed strange to me too writing
""In ancient Greece people always honored the gods of Olympus", and
applying to it the meaning of "specific instances of honoring the gods
which were always happening. (perfective)", thus translating it as {reH
'elaDya' tIQDaq olympus Qunpu' quvmoHpu' nuvpu'}. But I was more focused on
trying to find an example to demonstrate how I understand this matter, so I
didn't try to find another example.

Anyway, I'm glad you and ghunchu'wI' took the time to correct me, because
obviously I seriously misunderstood things. Thanks.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/