[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tutlhmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue May 3 09:07:44 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	tutlhmoH
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	tattoo
Source: 	Marc Okrand email to Qov 3 October 2017

(Qov to Lieven, 10/08/2017):  For tattoo, I got some new stuff from Maltz:  {tutlh} "have a tattoo, be tattooed" (so {tutlhmoH" is to tattoo).  The noun tattoo is {DIr tutlh}.  If you have one pattern/design on your arm, say, that's an example of a {DIr tutlh}.  If you have lots of independent patterns/designs, interwoven or separated, the whole lot of them taken together is/are {DIr tutlh}.

SEE:
tutlh  		be official (v, slang) [qep'a' 2018]

DIr tutlh  	tattoo (n)
tutlhmoH  	tattoo [someone/something] (v)

SEE ALSO:
ghItlh 		incise, mark (v)
pe’ 		cut (v)
DIr		skin, hide (n)
Degh 		emblem, symbol, mark (n)
rItlh 		pigment, dye, ink (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last