[tlhIngan Hol] moon ph(r)ases, new adverbial {loQHa'}

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:28:48 PDT 2022

Calling it “Full” is based on its appearance. There’s nothing in its status within the cycle that has a reason to be called “Full”.

Calling it Quarter is based on its status within the cycle. It has nothing to do with its appearance.

Calling it “New” is arbitrary, but you could think of it as the zero point of the cycle, but if it was, then the Full Moon would logically be called the Half Moon, and the fully waned Gibbous would be the Three Quarter Moon.

It’s arbitrary. It may be based on a “deeper understanding of the Moon than its appearance, but it’s still abitrary.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)