[tlhIngan Hol] new word {pal'ar} "kinsperson, family member"

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:40:11 PDT 2022

When I first read about this word, I was excited thinking that we have a
word for "relative".

But if the wife of someone is his {pal'ar} too, then obviously this word
can't be defined as "relative".

Perhaps the way I need to understand it is "whoever is considered by
someone to be a part of his family, however the jay' this someone perceives
the term family, regardless of whether there's a blood relation or not".

And of course, another question can be raised too. Is a child who abandoned
his parents still a {pal'ar}?

Or maybe even is a much loved pet a {pal'ar}?

Perhaps it's a concept resembling a rubber band. One can stretch and
stretch it as long as he thinks it isn't ready to break.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/