[tlhIngan Hol] new word {pal'ar} "kinsperson, family member"

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:04:02 PDT 2022

De'vID:
> Are they considered a part
> of one's {qorDu'}? If so, then yes.

I don't know. Good question.

The way I understand the Greek word for "family" is parents and kids only.
But looking up the English "family" in Merriam-Webster I saw other
definitions too, which could expand the "strict" meaning of the word to
include cousins, aunts, etc. On the other hand, I don't know how Greek
dictionaries define the word, so go figure.

All that aside -and correct me if I'm wrong- the husband *is* a {pal'ar} to
his wife and vice versa, my point being that to be a {pal'ar} you don't
have to be blood related to someone.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/