[tlhIngan Hol] {qempa'QeH} is a fossilised form

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 27 03:18:32 PDT 2022

'oqranD:
> The word doesn’t refer to an individual,
> but to a unique group, the “proudest spirits of Gre’thor”

If someone was to include {qempa'QeH} in his dictionary (and yes that
someone is me), should he use "proudest spirits of Gre’thor", or
"enraged spirits of Gre’thor"?

'oqranD:
> where the {qempa’QeH} of one universe encounter the {qempa’QeH}
> of the other, so there would be two {qeppa’QeH}s. In that case, I’d go with {-pu’}

Ok, hold on there. If the plural of {qorDu'} is {qorDu'mey}, then why
is the plural of {qempa'QeH} {qempa'QeHpu'} instead of {qempa'QeHmey}?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/