[tlhIngan Hol] {mej} with and without {-vo'}

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:04:25 PDT 2022

I wouldn’t make assumptions about the location/object of {tlheD} based on {mev}. The nuanced difference between the verbs might also have differences in terms of the presence or absence of {-vo’}.

Meanwhile, if you want to use {tlheD} you have to arbitrarily decide whether to use {-vo’} or not, and you could use this as a guideline, since it is a decision you are forced to make without other guidance. All I’m saying is that you can definitely take this as advice on whether to use a {-vo’} or not with the noun in front of {tlheD}. You just can’t know that you are right until we’re told so.

It’s reasonable to write some original Klingon sentences with {tlheD} and place or omit {-vo’} to the best guess you can make. It’s less reasonable to notate your personal dictionary or grammar rules to claim that this is officially true.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)