[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maQmIgh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri May 13 07:13:05 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	maQmIgh
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	dark omen, sign of evil coming
Source: 	veS QonoS

Published by the KLI in HolQeD 1.3 and reprinted again in HolQeD 5.4.
AFAIK never used in a sentence.
Does anyone know what the context was in {veS QonoS} (the newsletter of Mortas-Te-Kaase, a defunct Klingon fan club)?

CULTURE NOTES:
*{juS yo' qIj} "the Black Fleet is passing": a proverb for "when there is a general ominous feeling" ("They Have Aleady Been Here," a short story by Anthony Appleyard)

SEE:
maQ  		signal,  sign (n)
mIgh  		be evil (v)

SEE ALSO:
leSSov 		foresight (n)
San 		fate (n)
ghuHmoH 	warn (v)
lIb 		be impending, imminent, loom (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last