[tlhIngan Hol] {law'} {puS} construction with two (or more) quality verbs

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon May 23 05:14:21 PDT 2022

I want to say "this temple is the greatest and most beautiful temple of
all".

Obviously, what I need to write is: {chIrghvam Dun 'ej 'IH law' Hoch Dun
'ej 'IH puS}, but of course -and correct me if I'm wrong- we can't have two
quality verbs in each slot of a {law'}/{puS} construction.

On the other hand, I could fight dirty writing {chIrghvam Dun/'IH law' Hoch
Dun/'IH puS}, or I could play it safe writing two {law'}/{puS}
constructions in a row and joining them by {'ej} like this: {chIrghvam Dun
law' Hoch Dun puS 'ej chIrghvam 'IH law' Hoch 'IH puS}.

Of the above, I prefer the "fight dirty" option, since I don't like seeing
two {law'}/{puS} constructions in a row joined by a conjunction.

But -although not my cup of tea- suppose I want to approach this vanilla
style; the only solution which comes to mind is this:

Dunbogh 'ej 'IHbogh chIrgh'e' chIrghvam potlh law' Hoch potlh puS

(Of course, instead of {potlh} I could use {nIv}, {QaQ}, {Doj}, etc).

Anyway, does anyone have any better idea/ideas? How would you approach the
need to express a more/than sittuation when two or more qualities have come
to play?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/