[tlhIngan Hol] non-ovs elements before the second {-bogh} of a {-bogh}'ed noun

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:09:40 PDT 2022

I don't think this could be wrong, but I'll ask anyway to make certain.

We have the Ca'Non:

romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej Hoghbogh nejwI'

If I remember correctly, charghwI' once wrote that it isn't "a probe which
locates and kills Romulans", but rather "a probe of the Romulans which
hunts and kills".

But let's assume that the meaning is "a probe which locates and kills
Romulans". Suppose I write:

romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej rut Hoghbogh nejwI'
probe which locates and occasionally kills romulans

Would it be correct? Could we place a non-ovs element before the second
{-bogh} of a {-bogh}'ed noun?

(Which in this case is an adverb, but could also be a time stamp, and/or a
locative).

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/