[tlhIngan Hol] adverb {rut} {motlh} and aspect {-pu'}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon May 2 05:09:00 PDT 2022

I want to describe the event of eating pizza, which took place in the past,
looking at it back from the present.

In case we use the adverbs {pIj}/{roD}, then (if my understanding is
correct) we need to write:

pIj pItSa' vISoppu'
I've often eaten pizza
(here the aspect {-pu'} is used)

roD pItSa' vISop
Customarily/habitually/regularly I've eaten pizza
(here the aspect {-pu'} isn't used)

Now, suppose we want to say "in the past, sometimes/occasionally I've eaten
pizza", and we're looking back on the event. Do we need to use the {-pu'}
here?

rut pItSa' vISop
rut pItSa' vISoppu'

Which would be the correct choice?

And if we want to say "in the past, usually I've eaten pizza", and we're
looking back on the event, do we use {-pu'}?

motlh pItSa' vISop
motlh pItSa' vISoppu'

Which would be the correct choice?

--