[tlhIngan Hol] {-bogh} {-bogh}'ed nouns and {-taHvIS}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Mar 15 06:19:27 PDT 2022

On 3/15/2022 8:59 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> I want to say:
>
> "A god who protects women while they are giving birth"
>
> So I write:
>
> boghmoHtaHvIS be'pu' Qanbogh Qun'e'
>
> Is this correct? Something seems strange but I can't understand what.

It's grammatical, but your confusion marks the point at which it's
becoming too complex to be practical, and at which you should break
things into separate pieces.

I suspect you're also imagining the *be'pu'* as both the subject of
*boghmoHtaHvIS* and the object of *Qanbogh.* it can only be one, and the
other has to be an elided *chaH.*