[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: weq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 31 07:24:28 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	weq
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	hit (percussion instrument) with palm
Source: 	KGT

(KGT 74-75):  The general term for a percussion instrument of any kind is {'In}.  Some types of {'In} are struck with the hand, either palm (toch}) or fist (ro'), depending on the particular instrument. To hit the instrument with the palm is {weq}; to strike it with the fist is {tlhaw'} ... To strike the instrument with a stick is to {moq} (beat) the instrument.

PUN:  "whack"?

SEE ALSO:
yo  	slap (v) qep’a’ 2020)
qIp 	hit (with hand, fist, implement [generally]) (v)
moq 	beat (something with an implement) (v)
ghIt 	open, flat hand (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last