[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rugh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 28 07:44:57 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, March 26, 2022

Klingon word: 	rugh
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	antimatter
Source: 	TKD

 nIn: rugh bIQSIp
Fuel - Anti Hydrogen. KBoP

TREK NOTES:
  "[Dilithium crystal] is the only material known to Federation science to be nonreactive with antimatter when subjected to a high-frequency electromagnetic (EM) field in the megawatt range, rendering it 'porous' to antihydrogen." (Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, p.60)

  "Deuterium [{bIQSIp 'ugh}] was also used as one of the reactants in the matter/antimatter reaction system in those ships' warp drive. The deuterium was the matter, and anti-hydrogen served as the antimatter. (TNG 'Relics')" (STEncyclopedia [1994])

  "Matter and antimatter have a tendency to cancel each other out—violently." If identical particles of matter and antimatter meet, total annihilation of everything is the result. (Kirk, TOS "The Alternative Factor")

  “Less than one ounce” of antimatter has more explosive force than 10,000 cobalt bombs and would rip away half of planet Tycho IV's atmosphere. (TOS "Obsession")

SEE:
rugh bIQSIp  	anti hydrogen (n) KBoP
*rugh valtIn 	antiproton (?) (QeS)

SEE ALSO:
Hap 		matter (n)
'otlh 		photon (n)
pay'an 		[atomic] particle (n)
tat 		ion (n)
HeySel 		atom (n)
’o’rIS 		molecule (n)
SuqSIv 		core (nucleus?) (n)
valtIn  		proton (n)
tem 		electron (n)
yomIj 		neutron (n)

Huj 		charge up (v)
ngIng 		have a negative charge (v)
ruS 		have a positive charge (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last