[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: woq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 25 07:57:31 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	woq
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	confirm, substantiate, corroborate
Source: 	qepHom 2017

(Lieven, 11/17/2017):  Okrand explained the difference saying that {'ol} is used to check a fact, but {woq} is to confirm it

De'wI', yIwoq.
Computer, confirm! (DSC/LLsub "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad")

ghot woqlu'.
Identity confirmed. (DSC/LLsub "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad")

SEE ALSO:
'ol 	verify, check if (something) is true, make sure that (v)
tob 	test conclusively, prove (v)

ngoD  	fact (n)
De'  	data, information (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last