[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chuy

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Mar 21 08:14:39 PDT 2022

On 3/21/2022 11:07 AM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 21.03.2022 um 15:56 schrieb SuStel:
>>> Klingon word:     chuy
>>> Part of speech:     verb
>>> Definition:     sneeze
>>> PUN:         ah-choo!
>>
>> I wouldn't call this a pun; it's onomatopoeia.
>
> I would say that the onomatopoeia is the pun. ;-)

That's not what a pun is. A pun is a joke that relies on ambiguous or
multiple meanings of words being mixed together. Onomatopoeia is a word
that imitates the sound of what it describes or what it is associated
with. *chuy* does not mix together ambiguous or multiple meanings; it
simply imitates the sound of what it describes.