[tlhIngan Hol] vabDot referring to the {-'e'}d noun

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:04:47 PDT 2022

charghwI':
> Does this make sense? Am I
> misunderstanding the problem here, or
> am I simply wrong?

All's good!

charghwI':
> You go on to suggest that a noun at the
> beginning of the sentence with {-‘e’} could
> be acting as the subject of the sentence
> as follows. No, it cannot.

Actually I was suggesting quite the opposite. I meant that "some people
believe an {-'e'}ed noun can function this way", and then continued by
describing why I think this can't actually happen.

charghwI':
> The “You would be the greatest warrior in
> the galaxy” quote is an example of #2,
> not #1, so it has nothing to do with
> ghunchu’wI’s comment.

Yes, I know. I mentioned this Ca'Non sentence since I think that those who
erroneously think an {-'e'}ed noun can function this way, base their
opinion mainly on that sentence.

Sorry if I'm not making sense. I've slept very little last night, and I
can't concentrate adequately.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/