[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: cho'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 10 07:07:51 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	cho'
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	succeed (to authority)

maQ 'oH HemHa'choH 'ej cho'choH moratlh
The signal for Morath to lose his pride and claim a throne. (PB)

SEE:
cho'  		succession (n)

cho' 'oDwI'  	Arbiter of Succession (n)
  - yejquv DevwI' moj ghawran 'e' wuqta' cho' 'oDwI' Dapu'bogh
      janluq pIqarD HoD.
    Gowron... named leader of the High Council by Captain Jean-Luc
      Picard, who was acting as Arbiter of Succession. (S25)

SEE ALSO:
gheS 		assume duties of, take on responsibilities (v)
Sugh 		install [in office] (v)
Son 		relieve (v)
num 		promote (v)
lu 		fall from power (v)

moj 		become (v)
Da 		behave as, act in the manner of (v)
ngoy' 		be responsible (v)

nubwI' 		predecessor (n)
woQ 		authority, political power (n)
ngup 		authority, power, one in authority, one in charge (slang) (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last