[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tera' tlhuH rop

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 28 07:35:00 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, March 28, 2022

Klingon word: 	tera' tlhuH rop
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	common cold
Source: 	qep'a' 27 [2020]

(qep’a’ 2020):  Maltz says Klingons don’t get colds (though, despite what he says, Klingons are not immune from other, somewhat similar afflictions). Another way to refer to this Earth disease, generally unsympathetically, is Ptera’ rop bIr}, which is, of course, a misguided translation.

SEE:
tlhuH  		breath (n)
tlhuH  		breathe (v)
rop 		disease, sickness (n)
rop 		be sick, ill (v)

SEE ALSO:
lerup 		bacterium (n)
javtIm 		virus (n)

ngej 		infect (v)
'oy' 		ache, hurt, be sore (v)
bech 		suffer (v)
vor 		cure (v)
wuQ 		have a headache (v)
pIvHa' 		be unhealthy (v)
pIv 		be healthy (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last