[tlhIngan Hol] Hovtay’ HurDaq rav vaghSaD yuQ woq NASA

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:04:47 PDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:51 PM Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> FYI:  “NASA confirms more than 5,000 planets outside the solar system“
>
> https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2022/03/22/NASA-exoplanets-planets-5000/9631647971189/
>

> [Can anyone think of a better way to say “at least 5,000”?]

I know that the canonical example of {rav} and {'aqroS} to specify a range
used them both, but I would be extremely surprised if {rav} couldn't be
used on its own like this for "at least" (and correspondingly {'aqroS} for
"at most"). I suppose if you wanted to adhere to strict canon usage, you
could do {rav vaghSaD yuQ 'aqroS 'ejyaH yuQ}.