[tlhIngan Hol] {je} "too" applying to the adverb

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:39:15 PDT 2022

chalqachDaq bIQaDbe' je
even in a tower you are not safe

I think this sentence shows that the {je} "too" *can* indeed refer to the
type-5'ed noun of the sentence too. I know that the translation is given as
"even.." instead of "at a tower you aren't safe too", but obviously this is
just a matter of choice of words. The only way I can understand it is "in a
tower you aren't safe too", i.e. "among the various places where you aren't
safe, is a tower too".

So perhaps it is possible to say:

ngugh bIpujpu'
DaH bIpuj je

You were weak then
You're weak now too

Of course one can argue that in the Ca'Non sentence we have a type-5'ed
noun and not an adverb, but I think that if this use of {je} "too" applies
for type-5'ed nouns, then chances are that it applies too for any non-ovs
crap placed at the beginning of the sentence, i.e. adverbs and time stamps.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/