[tlhIngan Hol] joining numbers used for numbering by {je} and conjunctions

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 06:24:44 PDT 2022

In a previous thread we wrote:

(http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/2022-March/019526.html)

jIH:
> I want to say:
> We fought the romulans during the second and third century
> So I write:
> qaStaHvIS vatlh DIS poH cha'DIch wejDIch je, romuluSngan DISuv
> Would joining ordinals by {je} or any other conjunction be considered to
be
> correct?
SuStel:
> Dunno if we have evidence, but numbers of all sorts are noun-like enough
that
> I have no trouble treating them like nouns, even if they're not being
used in the > way that TKD describes using numbers as nouns.
> If you want to be certain of correctness, you could of course say
qaStaHvIS
> vatlh DIS poH cha'DIch, vatlh DIS poH wejDIch je.But I wouldn't bother.

I was going to ask whether we can join numbers used for numbering such as:

flood torpedo tubes one and two
DuS wa' cha' je tIbuy'choHmoH

However, I think this must be pretty straightforward, since it's just {wa'}
and {cha'} being placed after the noun instead of being placed before it.

So I'm just writing this as a separate thread for the purpose of archiving
this matter, thus avoiding to be asking about it again in the future.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/