[tlhIngan Hol] adverb locative adverb time stamp

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 06:03:24 PDT 2022

The rule says that all non-ovs crap (adverbs, locatives, etc..) come at the
beginning of the sentence.

But the rule doesn't say that in case we have two adverbs, two time stamps,
etc, each of these two adverbs/time stamps/etc needs to follow the
other adverb/time stamp/etc.

So suppose I want to say "usually at deep space intentionally on mondays
the romulans disrupt our data transmissions".

Perhaps I could say:

motlh logh HopDaq chIch DaSjajmey jabbI'IDmeymaj nIS romuluSnganpu'

How does this idea seem to you?

I think that in spoken klingon this would be easier to swallow, since one
could add a slight pause to his voice to indicate how he means the sentence
to be understood:

motlh logh HopDaq (slight pause) chIch DaSjajmey (slight pause)
jabbI'IDmeymaj nIS romuluSnganpu'

Of course, one could suggest that we could use the three dots in written
klingon, like this:

motlh logh HopDaq... chIch DaSjajmey... jabbI'IDmeymaj nIS romuluSnganpu'

But I wonder if we could pull this through without having to use the three
dots.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/