[tlhIngan Hol] {net X} vs. {'e' Xlu'}

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:49:35 PDT 2022

I’m quite surprised that we can place a Sentence As Object between a Main Clause and its dependent clause. I saw nothing in TKD that ever suggested such a thing.

We’ve seen an example, {‘e’ neHbe’ vav’oy}? where the {‘e’} referred to an entire paragraph preceding the statement; something someone else said. So, we’ve seen {‘e’} stretch back to refer to context. I’ve never seen it encapsulate a clause as object to within the boundary of a larger sentence. I really thing that’s a remarkable stretch from anything we’ve seen. I consider that to be remarkable to consider that justified.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before. I just don’t feel like I’ve been proven wrong here quite yet.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)