[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lev

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 29 07:38:47 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	lev
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition:	move *bat'leth* from vertical to horizontal orientation

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(KGT 59):  There is an extensive vocabulary for the moves associated with bat'leth use... To change the approximate orientation of the weapon from horizontal to vertical is {ngol}; the reverse is {lev}.

N.B. Do not confuse with the nun {lev} "roof of mouth, (hard) palate".

SEE:
baQ  	toss bat'leth from one hand to the other (v)
chaQ  	thrust upward with end of bat'leth (v)
DIj  	slide sword blade along opponent's blade (v)
jIrmoH	twirl or rotate the bat'leth (v)
jop 	thrust or lunge toward one's opponent (v)
way'	defend, parry, deflect a thrust (v)

SEE ALSO:
yan 	wield, use or manipulate a sword (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last