[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ret

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 27 08:53:02 PDT 2022

Lieven, thanks for supplying this.  {Hol ghoQ} "slang ("fresh language")" and { mu'mey ghoQ} "slang [vocabulary]" from KGT are examples of this slang usage.

I also have a related note from the booklet:

(qepHom 2019 booklet):  {Qav} means last, final;  it does not mean previous or most recent, so when talking about the last {qep'a'} you shouldn't use {Qav}, unless it's definitely the last one ever.

And just to be thorough:

(qep’a’ 2015):  When asked about navigating lists or events, [Maltz] gave us {vorgh} "be previous" (opposite of {veb} "be next [in a series, sequence]").  Can also use {nungbogh} ({nung} "precede") …

--
Voragh