[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pIch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 16 07:35:35 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	pIch
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	fault, blame

pIch vIghajbe'
It's not my fault. (TKD)

Compare Spanish idiom *tener la culpa* "to be to blame".  (Okrand knows Spanish well.)

SEE:
pIch  		blame (v)
- qapIch  "I blame you." (KLS)

SEE ALSO:
Qagh 		mistake, error (n)
Duy' 		defect (n)
naDHa'ghach 	discommendation (n)

qun 		scold (i.e. find fault with) (v)
pum 		accuse (v)
DIv 		be guilty (v)
yem 		sin (v)
bIj 		punish (v)
naDHa' 		discommend (v)

APPOSITE QUOTES:
  “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
     -- [Cassius, Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar", I: 3)

bay'eS  		inferior, subordinate (n)
vIlle'  		follower, disciple, fan, admirer, minion (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last