[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'an'orQeD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 15 07:38:33 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	'an'orQeD
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	paleontology
Source: 	qepHom 2019
AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
‘an 		be petrified (v) (qepHom 2019)
 ‘an’or  		fossil (n)
  - “same word for plants, bones, etc.” (qepHom 2019)
‘an’ortej  	paleontologist (n)

PUN:
“The words {'an'or}, {'an'orQeD}, and {'an'ortej} were named for Rhona [i.e. Rohan] Fenwick, a Klingonist who is an archeologist.” (De’vID, 6/01/2022)

SEE ALSO:
loq 		be extinct (v)
tIQ 		be ancient (v)
molHa’  	dig up (like a bone or a fossil) (v)
ghaw 		excavate, dig (a hole, trench, ditch, etc.) (v)

SIntlher 	an ancient extinct animal (n)
Hom 		bone (n)
nagh 		rock, stone (n)

roSqa'QeD  	archaeology (n)
roSqa' 		archaeological artifact (n)
pay'rIn 		excavation, dug-up ruins (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last