[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Se'tu'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 3 08:11:22 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, June 03, 2022

Klingon word: 	Se'tu'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	saucepan
Source: TalkNow - Learn Klingon!, revealed 30 September 2011

(MO to qe'San, 11/02/2011):  I haven't talked with ***** about saucepan, but here's what I was thinking.  The picture is, as you say, a little pot (or pan) with a single handle, which is exactly what a saucepan is […]  {'un} is any sort of pot or pan, so the picture is a picture of a {'un} (though lots of other pictures might also be used for {'un}).  A {nevDagh} has two little handles on it, so the picture is not one of a {nevDagh}.  Thinking a bit more about it, perhaps {'unHom} would have been better--or at least more restrictive. Or maybe there should be a new word.  Like {Se'tu'}.

(qe’San, 11/2011):  Although you may not want too many words for a pot there is a story behind this word which comes about from recording too little information about a word so Marc and myself had a discussion on pot words if you want call it an argument or a "set-to" which Marc finished by offering the new word.

 --
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last