[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ret

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 27 07:36:13 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, June 27, 2022

Klingon word: 	ret
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be most recent
Source: 	qepHom 2019

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(qepHom 2019):   used to talk about the last {qep'a'}, for instance

(qep’a’ 2015):  [Maltz] said there is no word for "be current"

I have a note that {ghoQ} "be fresh, just killed" (WRT meat) is also slang for "be most recent" labelled qepHom 2019.  It is listed on https://www.kli.org/about-klingon/new-klingon-words/ but I couldn't find it on http://klingon.wiki/En/NewWordsQepHom2019.  It makes sense that when the standard word was revealed, a slang term might also have been discussed.

SEE:
ret  	period of time ago (n)

SEE ALSO:
chu’ 	be new (v)
vur 	be modern, up-to-date, state-of-the-art (v)
ngo’ 	be old (not new) (v)
notlh 	be obsolete (v)
tIQ 	be ancient (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last