[tlhIngan Hol] joining multible {-bogh} phrases by {je}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:43:31 PDT 2022

De'vID:
> SuStel alluded to constructions like this earlier:
>> I mean, I get it: you're thinking of legh 'ej qIp as a kind of compound
verb.
>> Kind of like The child [sees and hits] the officer. And we have a couple
of
>> canonical examples of doing things like that.
> Here, the Klingon is mirroring the English "hunter-killer probe",
> as though "hunt-and-kill" were one verb.

Ok, now I understand. Thanks.

So, the thing I understand from this thread is that in a string of
{-bogh}s, the noun should be added after the first {-bogh}.

I'll regard the {romuluSngan Sambogh and HoHbogh nejwI'} a
special-because-matlh-said-so case.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/