[tlhIngan Hol] {law'} {puS} construction with {je} "too"

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:10:54 PDT 2022

On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 14:34, D qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> yaS yoH law' jagh yoH puS
> the officer is braver than the enemy
>
> mang yoH law' jagh yoH puS je
> the soldier is braver than the enemy too
>
> Can we use {je} "too" this way?

I would understand it, but we have no information that this is correct
(though it might be).

TKD 5.3: <The noun conjunction {je} has an additional function: when it
follows a verb, it means "also, too". {qaleghpu' je} "I also saw you, I saw
you too">

What's the "verb" in a comparative construction? It might be that you have
to put {je} after each {yoH}, or it might be that {je} follows both {law'}
and {puS}. We simply don't know. I'd avoid it.

--
De'vID