[tlhIngan Hol] verb prefix on XvaD Y ponglu' construction when Y is plural

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:58:39 PDT 2022

I would still use the singular verb prefix, since even though the English word is plural, it's still only one name. If, on the other hand, there were multiple festivals and each was called with the singular of the word, I would use a plural suffix.

yupma'vaD «jajmey Dun» ponglu'.
The festival is called "Great days".

Great days is the name of the festival. It has only one name, and the plural suffix is a part of the name.

yupma'meyvaD «jajmey Dun» luponglu'.
The festivals are called "Great days".

A single festival is called "jaj Dun", so the plural is not part of the name.

As far as I know, there is no canonical evidence to support this though.

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio