[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} the english "so" and joining multiple {-bogh} phrases by {vaj}

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Jul 20 20:21:16 PDT 2022

On Jul 20, 2022, at 10:00 AM, D qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> But now suppose I want to write "weapon which injures so which it causes pain".

I realize that you know what you want to mean, but there’s no way to get a coherent meaning out of those English words in that order. I can’t parse your later explanation either, though it’s at least possible to see what you’re trying to say.

What you’re trying to say is probably something like “weapon which injures in order to cause pain” or “weapon which causes pain because it injures”. Either of those phrases stretches the limits of Klingon relative clauses. I don’t think it’s worth the effort of writing it in a single sentence — not only because it’s hard to write, but because it’ll be very difficult to *read*. Unless your goal is to produce impenetrable Klingon text, don’t be so eager to look for ways to condense so many ideas with so much disparate grammar into a single Klingon phrase.

-- ghunchu'wI'