[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rajma'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 14 07:14:16 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, July 14, 2022

Klingon word: rajma'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: kidney
Source: qep'a' 2011 [report missing source]

According to my notes Okrand revealed it to Qov at qep'a' 2011.

ANATOMICAL NOTES:
  The Klingon body incorporates multiple redundancies for nearly all vital bodily functions. This characteristic, known as*brak'lul* {bIraqlul}, gives Klingon warriors enormous resiliency in battle, since almost every function in their body is duplicated in case any primary organ or system failed. (TNG "Ethics", VOY "Macrocosm")

We don't know how many kidneys Klingons have, but they have at least two *QiVons* {qIvon}, whatever that is.  (Some speculated that it meant kidney).

PUN: *rajma* is a red kidney bean curry.

SEE ALSO:
porghQeD  	the scientific study of bodily functions (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last