[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jub

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 1 08:04:47 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	jub
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be immortal
Source: 	TKD

ghob batlh je jub Hevjaj
Let endless battle and honor await them! (PB)

"Great accomplishments are commonly immortalized in song ... Because songs are repeated, the same way proverbs are repeated, they help to preserve tradition as well as to teach the young." (TKW 15)

SEE:
jubbe'  		be mortal (v)

veqlargh … Dutojta' ghotHom jubbe'
Fek'lhr! … You have been outwitted by a mere mortal! (PB)

jubbe'wI'  	mortal (person) (n) PB

lojmItDaj veghta'DI' jubbe'wI' yInqa'meH chegh 'e' botnIS qotar qeylIS HoHmeH qotar qeylIS SamnIS
Still, Kotar cannot let a mortal pass his gates and return alive, Kahless must be hunted down and killed. (PB)

SEE ALSO:
yIn 		live (v)
Hegh 		die (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last