[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghogh'ot

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 14 07:23:21 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, July 08, 2022

Klingon word:    ghogh'ot
Part of speech: noun
Definition:          bill, payment request, something you must pay
Source:                qepHom 2015 p.18

(Lieven < MO, (10/29/2015):  Here are some more words related to paper: a letter, that is a message written on a sheet of paper and sent to someone is a {nav QIn}.  An envelope is called {nav vaH}. In context, {vaH} by itself is enough.
The word {vaH} can actually be used for everything you put something inside of it.  It's a cover for it.  A bill, a payment request, something you must pay, is a {ghogh'ot}.”

“Invoice” too, probably.

SEE ALSO:
Huch                    money (n)
mIp                       wealth (n)
qav'ap                  rent; sum/amount [of money] (n)
ghunta                check, promissory note, IOU (n)
voHDajbo'           ransom, mortgage (n)

ngev                     sell (v)
je'                          buy, purchase (v)
tlhong                  barter, bargain (v)
DIl                         pay for (v)
rup                        fine, tax (v)
wel                       owe (v)
ghaq                     contribute (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last