[tlhIngan Hol] joining multible {-bogh} phrases by {je}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:46:07 PDT 2022

SuStel:
> The norm is to put any subject or object on the first verb you can, then
> switch to pronouns and possibly elide those pronouns on subsequent verbs
> that continue to use the same subject and object.

As soon as this thread was finished, I started following your advice, and
yes you're right, it made much more sense placing the subject (or object)
on the first verb that I could.

Until recently, I needed to write something like "the chancellor helps
people who train and are willing to fight". So I wrote:

qeqbogh nuvpu' 'ej Suvqangbogh QaH Qang

I understand the reasons why the {nuvpu'} needs to be placed right after
the {qeqbogh}, but it seems "strange" to see the {nuvpu'} -which is the
object of {QaH} too- so far away from it. Doesn't it seem strange to you
too?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/