[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the perfective {-pu'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Jul 17 04:31:51 PDT 2022

It wasn't relevant to the question being asked, so it wasn't needed for my examples.
-------- Original message --------From: D qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> Date: 7/17/22  2:29 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: tlhIngan Hol mailing list <tlhingan-hol at kli.org> Subject: Re: [tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the perfective {-pu'} SuStel:> I'm going to drop the -ta' because it freaks me outYes, this disturbs me too. It seems "unnatural".But the problem here is that De'vID said that this is the corrected version of that sentence. Meaning that 'oqranD decided to keep this {-ta'}, which shows that perhaps there's some grammar at work, which he hasn't yet explained, perhaps as was the case with the {xlu' 'e' ylu'}.And I'm wondering what is he ('oqranD) expecting before he clarifies this. As was the case with the {tlheD} where he didn't answer if and when we'd need to add {-vo'} on the departure point.-- Dana'anhttps://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/Ζεὺς ἦν, Ζεὺς ἐστίν, Ζεὺς ἔσσεται· ὦ μεγάλε Ζεῦ